From: Jaylynn on
Hi, this is my first time posting. I need to create a graph of two variables,
but I have way to many data points (over 32,000) If I wanted to select say
every 5 data points and then use these to make a graph, how would I do this?
From: teylyn on

Hi Jaylynn,

the easiest way to achieve this is probably to create a dedicated table
for just the data points you want to chart. So, in an area to the right
of your data table, start with a formula like this

=INDEX(A:A,ROW()*5)

and copy down. This will get every 5th data point in column A. In the
next colum, go

=INDEX(B:B,ROW()*5)

etc.

Then create your chart off this newly constructed table.

regards, teylyn

;
6
4
9
4
4
4

:

--
teylyn

Teylyn -- 'teylyn.posterous.com' (http://teylyn.posterous.com)
teylyn's Profile: 983
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=181124

From: Misange on
If your data are in columns A and B, in C1 enter =mod(row(),5) and copy
this formula down.
then filter the colomns A B and C to keep only lines with 0 in column C
Only one data out of 5 will appear in your graph (which is still quite a
lot !)
Misange