From: Felix Natter on
hello,

I am currently running on VESA driver with Lenny's xorg (7.3),
because my Geforce 310M is only supported in xserver-xorg-video-nv
>= 2.1.17 (Squeeze).

Now I can try to build the xorg, xorg-server and xserver-xorg-video-nv
source packages and install them, but I must rely on this system
so my question is whether there is a chance that this will break
anything?

Thanks,
--
Felix Natter

On 2010-04-25, Felix Natter <felix.natter(a)smail.inf.fh-brs.de> wrote:
> hello,
>
> I am currently running on VESA driver with Lenny's xorg (7.3),
> because my Geforce 310M is only supported in xserver-xorg-video-nv
>>= 2.1.17 (Squeeze).
>
> Now I can try to build the xorg, xorg-server and xserver-xorg-video-nv
> source packages and install them, but I must rely on this system
> so my question is whether there is a chance that this will break
> anything?
>
> Thanks,

It sounds like you are thinking of backporting xorg to lenny. It might
be worth asking on the debian.backports.general list. Maybe someone has
already tried it?

--
Liam O'Toole
Birmingham, United Kingdom