From: Jens on
Is there any application or add-in to make a chart like this without having
to do a lot of manipulating figures and chart?

Opening value for instance 10
Growth coming from prices +3
Volume growth -1
New accounts +4
Closing value 16

This is normally shown in a bar graph like stairs - if you understand what I
mean.
From: Bernard Liengme on
See
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/StepChart.html