From: Austin Brkich on
I have been searching and searching for a specific type of software,
however I can't find anything that is 100% free and doesn't have any
hitches to it.

What I am looking for is some software that will allow me to take a
live video stream from my computer and stream it to multiple clients.
Kind of like how NullSoft does Audio Streaming, yes I know NullSoft
does Video also but at the moment to do a live video there is only
really one program that hasn't been updated in years.

On 05/04/2010 05:06 PM, Austin Brkich wrote:
> I have been searching and searching for a specific type of software,
> however I can't find anything that is 100% free and doesn't have any
> hitches to it.
>
> What I am looking for is some software that will allow me to take a
> live video stream from my computer and stream it to multiple clients.
> Kind of like how NullSoft does Audio Streaming, yes I know NullSoft
> does Video also but at the moment to do a live video there is only
> really one program that hasn't been updated in years.

These may fulfill your needs:
camserv / camserv-relay
camstream

--
Dissent is patriotic, remember?

On Tue, May 04, 2010 at 05:06:24PM -0500, Austin Brkich wrote:
> I have been searching and searching for a specific type of software,
> however I can't find anything that is 100% free and doesn't have any
> hitches to it.
>
> What I am looking for is some software that will allow me to take a
> live video stream from my computer and stream it to multiple clients.
> Kind of like how NullSoft does Audio Streaming, yes I know NullSoft
> does Video also but at the moment to do a live video there is only
> really one program that hasn't been updated in years.

VLC can be used to stream video. I've used it to send a Family Guy
episode to every computer in my office (at lunch time, of course). I
think it can handle streaming a capture device, such as a webcam, as
well.

-Rob

On Tue, 04 May 2010 17:06:24 -0500, Austin Brkich wrote:

> I have been searching and searching for a specific type of software,
> however I can't find anything that is 100% free and doesn't have any
> hitches to it.

(...)

Icecast?

For an extensive list of streaming media servers, Wikipedia can help:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_streaming_media_systems

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Austin Brkich wrote:

> I have been searching and searching for a specific type of software,
> however I can't find anything that is 100% free and doesn't have any
> hitches to it.
>
> What I am looking for is some software that will allow me to take a
> live video stream from my computer and stream it to multiple clients.
> Kind of like how NullSoft does Audio Streaming, yes I know NullSoft
> does Video also but at the moment to do a live video there is only
> really one program that hasn't been updated in years.

I've used ffserver (ffmpeg) for files or streams and getstream for DVB.
it's really good for my needs.

regards