From: AG on
On 26/06/10 12:27, Merciadri Luca wrote:
> Camale�n wrote:
>
>> Then better use a widget for that tasks :-)
>>
>> Or if the site provides raw data, you can fetch it and make your own
>> script. But having a complete web page embedded on the desktop is
>> something I find it a bit "overhelming">:-)
>>

> Yes, sure, having a widget would suffice. But is there such a widget out
> there? If not so, I might make some script for exploiting raw data. :)

Luca

One option +might+ be to try to code something like Conky to give you an
updated reading of Belgium air quality.

Not certain of this mind, so be sure to check out the docs at:
http://conky.sourceforge.net/documentation.html It is quite
configurable, and if all you want is just an output, Conky may well have
the facility to host that for you on the desktop without enabling the
whole desktop as a web.

HtH

AG

AG wrote:
> On 26/06/10 12:27, Merciadri Luca wrote:
>> Camaleón wrote:
>>
>>> Then better use a widget for that tasks :-)
>>>
>>> Or if the site provides raw data, you can fetch it and make your own
>>> script. But having a complete web page embedded on the desktop is
>>> something I find it a bit "overhelming">:-)
>>>

>> Yes, sure, having a widget would suffice. But is there such a widget out
>> there? If not so, I might make some script for exploiting raw data. :)
>>

> Luca
>
> One option +might+ be to try to code something like Conky to give you
> an updated reading of Belgium air quality.
>
> Not certain of this mind, so be sure to check out the docs at:
> http://conky.sourceforge.net/documentation.html It is quite
> configurable, and if all you want is just an output, Conky may well
> have the facility to host that for you on the desktop without enabling
> the whole desktop as a web.

Thanks. Good idea. I'll try it, if I have some spare time.

--
Merciadri Luca
client, please contact me.

Procrastination is the thief of time.