From: Ron Johnson on
On 06/20/2010 01:52 AM, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 06/19/2010 11:53 PM, ABS Doug wrote:
>>> I send you mail in private, and the gmail interface is so bad that
>>> you don't
>>> notice.
>>>
>>> So, either post the .torrent so that other can test it, or keep your
>>> problems to yourself.
>>
>> Not gmail, I probably did that. Habit as I don't want to be rude&
>> send to the list& the poster (double post).
>
> When someone sends you a direct email, the expectation is that you will
> send a direct reply.
>
>> I'll send you the torrent, it's a waste of your time trying something
>> I already tried, no? Maybe I'm missing something here, i just don't
>> want to burden anyone. I've tried over 20 torrents, they all act the
>> same. Downloaded this (attached) torrent in Windows XP overnight, no
>> interruption. In UNR 9.10, same thing, overnight. But if you insist
>> here it is, i don't want to be in any way uncooperative.
>
> In the past 1.67 hours, I've downloaded a bit more than half of the data
> in this torrent.
>
> Here's what I'm I'm doing it with:
> - Cable modem (Cox HSI, DOCSIS 2.0 Linksys CM100 modem)
> - Linksys WRT54GL
> - Cat5, Linksys switch
> - Realtek RTL8111/8168B
> - Sid, amd64
> - kernel 2.6.32-3-amd64, r8169 driver
> - transmission-gtk v1.93

For the first time since I bought it, I just had to reboot my router!

Doug's torrent was 86% complete.

Even the ssh connections (to machines at the office) on my XP laptop
(which is also on the LAN) got disconnected.

I didn't have to reboot my machine, though; bouncing the WRT54GL was
all it took.

--
Seek truth from facts.