From: Weaver2World on
Greetings all,

I'm looking at getting into wireless operation on my laptop for the first
time, as I find that work requires me to travel.

As far as USB adapters go, what's everybody using?
What's good and what needs to be avoided?

I'm not interested in Belkin.
Their routers were found to have ears on them a few years ago, so I don't
want to give them my money.

Thanking you for any time you may care to take.
Regards,

Weaver.
From: Anand Sivaram on
On Sat, Jun 12, 2010 at 19:15, <Weaver2World(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> Greetings all,
>
> I'm looking at getting into wireless operation on my laptop for the first
> time, as I find that work requires me to travel.
>
> As far as USB adapters go, what's everybody using?
> What's good and what needs to be avoided?
>
> I'm not interested in Belkin.
> Their routers were found to have ears on them a few years ago, so I don't
> want to give them my money.
>
> Thanking you for any time you may care to take.
> Regards,
>
> Weaver.

I used TPLINK WN321. It is really good. I think the real cheaper ones ($10
or so) do have better Linux compatibility.
From: Celejar on
On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 13:45:45 +0000
Weaver2World(a)gmail.com wrote:

> Greetings all,
>
> I'm looking at getting into wireless operation on my laptop for the first
> time, as I find that work requires me to travel.
>
> As far as USB adapters go, what's everybody using?
> What's good and what needs to be avoided?

I use and like the AZiO AWU254 (Ralink chipset, mainline kernel
support, firmware required). Usual caveats about manufacturers and
chipsets apply, of course.

Celejar