From: T o n g on
Hi,

I got the following error when doing "aptitude update":

Err http://cdn.debian.net testing/main Packages
503 Cache storage error while opening data file
Err http://security.geo.debian.org testing/updates/main
Packages
404 OK

What's wrong? How should I fix it?

Here is details:

I installed apt-cacher-ng on my caching machine, and setup my client side
file:

$ cat /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/02proxy
Acquire::http { Proxy "http://maroon:3142"; };

Then run

aptitude update

from the client.

BTW,

telnet maroon 3142

was able to connect to maroon.

please help.

Thanks

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/

On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 00:04:05 +0000, T o n g wrote:

> I got the following error when doing "aptitude update":
>
> Err http://cdn.debian.net testing/main Packages
> 503 Cache storage error while opening data file
> Err http://security.geo.debian.org testing/updates/main Packages
> 404 OK
>
> What's wrong? How should I fix it?

My own mistake. Fixed it by following,

How to install and configure Apt-Cacher NG
http://acidborg.wordpress.com/2010/06/24/how-to-install-and-configure-apt-
cacher-ng-on-ubuntu-server-10-04/