From: Martin Kraus on
Hi.
Is there a way to find circular dependencies in apt? Meaning groups of
packages that aren't used by any programs and are installed only because a
depends on b, b on c, c on d and d on a?

thank you for help
mk

Hi Martin,

On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 02:53:08PM +0200, Martin Kraus wrote:

> Is there a way to find circular dependencies in apt? Meaning groups of
> packages that aren't used by any programs and are installed only because a
> depends on b, b on c, c on d and d on a?

I don't know about other apt tools, but aptitude resolves these
situations automatically, so long as the packages in question are marked
as being automatically installed.

Cheers,
Tom

--
Q: What do they call the alphabet in Arkansas?
A: The impossible dream.
From: Andrei Popescu on
On Vi, 16 iul 10, 14:53:08, Martin Kraus wrote:
> Hi.
> Is there a way to find circular dependencies in apt? Meaning groups of
> packages that aren't used by any programs and are installed only because a
> depends on b, b on c, c on d and d on a?

There was recently a thread on debian-devel about circular dependencies,
IIRC the method used was also mentioned.

Regards,
Andrei

Pages: 1
Prev: kernel panic error