From: Mihamina Rakotomandimby on
Manao ahoana, Hello, Bonjour,

I have a personnal repository where I have
- postfix-*-2.5.5-0.blueline.0 packages
The personnal repository hostname is "ppa.blueline.mg"
That postfix is a patched and (re-)packaged postfix.

I have also a mirror (for the rest of the packages), where there are
- postfix-*-2.5.5-1.1 packages
The mirror hostname is "mirror.malagasy.com"

The versions differ, the "personnal" version is older.

The "preferences" file contents is:
Package: *
Pin: origin ppa.blueline.mg
Pin-Priority: 701

Package: *
Pin: origin mirror.malagasy.com
Pin-Priority: 100

I expect the "2.5.5-0.blueline.0" postfix to be candidate, but
$ apt-cache policy postfix
Installé : (aucun)
Candidat : 2.5.5-1.1
Table de version :
2.5.5-1.1 0
100 http://mirror.malagasy.com lenny/main Packages

How to force the choice of "2.5.5-0.blueline.0" as candidate?
I dont want to rebuild my postfix "just" to increase a build number...

Misaotra, Thanks, Merci.

+261 3456 000 19

On Mi, 02 iun 10, 12:29:14, Mihamina Rakotomandimby wrote:

> I expect the "2.5.5-0.blueline.0" postfix to be candidate, but
> $ apt-cache policy postfix
> Installé : (aucun)
> Candidat : 2.5.5-1.1
> Table de version :
> 2.5.5-1.1 0
> 100 http://mirror.malagasy.com lenny/main Packages

Is this the entire output of 'apt-cache policy postfix'? Because your
other repository is not even listed here. Did you 'update' first?

Regards,
Andrei
> Andrei Popescu <andreimpopescu(a)gmail.com> :
>On Mi, 02 iun 10, 12:29:14, Mihamina Rakotomandimby wrote:
>>
>> I expect the "2.5.5-0.blueline.0" postfix to be candidate, but
>> $ apt-cache policy postfix
>> Installé : (aucun)
>> Candidat : 2.5.5-1.1
>> Table de version :
>> 2.5.5-1.1 0
>> 100 http://mirror.malagasy.com lenny/main Packages
>Is this the entire output of 'apt-cache policy postfix'? Because your
>other repository is not even listed here. Did you 'update' first?

My fault: I had only packaged for amd64 but my current box was a i386
one. That's why the package never got listed.

Thank you.
+261 3456 000 19