From: Sthu Deus on
Good day.

Sometimes after some bad output in console, terminal does not echoes
the typed letters at command line and does not move cursor to another
line on Enter key press.

How I can turn such a terminal to its primary state?

Thank You for Your time.

Hey,

<broken terminal>

>> How I can turn such a terminal to its primary state?
>
> "Ctrl+C" and sometimes "Ctrl+Z".

Or "reset"?

Tschüss,
Tom

Sthu Deus wrote:
> Sometimes after some bad output in console, terminal does not echoes
> the typed letters at command line and does not move cursor to another
> line on Enter key press.
>
> How I can turn such a terminal to its primary state?

There are terminal specific ways to reset. If you are using Xterm
then Xterm uses control+middlemousebutton to bring up a terminal menu
and offers "Do Full Reset" as one of the options.

Bob
From: Lisi on
On Friday 09 July 2010 11:11:39 Sthu Deus wrote:
> Sometimes after some bad output in console, terminal does not echoes
> the typed letters at command line and does not move cursor to another
> line on Enter key press.
>
> How I can turn such a terminal to its primary state?

As Camaleón has said, much the easiest way is Ctrl+c.

HTH
Lisi

Tom <debian(a)virta.be> writes:

> Hey,
>
> <broken terminal>
>
>>> How I can turn such a terminal to its primary state?
>>
>> "Ctrl+C" and sometimes "Ctrl+Z".
>
> Or "reset"?

Sometimes it won't recognize CR either, but I have found that ^J
(Control-J) always works in those cases. In that case "^Jreset^J"
should work.
--
Carl Johnson carlj(a)peak.org