From: Rob Owens on
When I

apt-get source somepackage

as a regular user, does the system do a signature check on the source
that is downloaded? Where does the signature reside?

Thanks. I can't find this info in any of the man pages.

-Rob

Rob Owens wrote:
> When I
>
> apt-get source somepackage
>
> as a regular user, does the system do a signature check on the source
> that is downloaded? Where does the signature reside?

Yes; in the .dsc file.

A failure to verify the signature will only result in a warning message.

--
see shy jo
From: Rob Owens on
On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 09:04:58AM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> Rob Owens wrote:
> > When I
> >
> > apt-get source somepackage
> >
> > as a regular user, does the system do a signature check on the source
> > that is downloaded? Where does the signature reside?
>
> Yes; in the .dsc file.
>
> A failure to verify the signature will only result in a warning message.

Thanks!

-Rob