From: John O Laoi on
Is it possible to make this change permanent, or do I need to

echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv6/bindv6only

every time I restart?

John

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 12:44 PM, John O Laoi <brianolaoi(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to make this change permanent, or do I need to
>
>        echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv6/bindv6only
>
> every time I restart?
Configure it in /etc/sysctl.conf or in sid in /etc/sysctl.d/bindv6only.conf

You have to add or modify to read:
net.ipv6.bindv6only = 0

Regards,

On 04/27/2010 11:11 AM, Camale�n wrote:
[snip]

> How about these sample files? Can you run them?
>
> http://pscode.org/jws/api.html
>
> I'm afraid the problem resides not in your Icewasel or Java setup but in
> JNLP file itself. Try running others.

When I click on any of the "Launch ... Demo" buttons, it asks me to
open the .jnlp file with /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.20/jre....

When I do so, the Java splash screen pops up, then I get an
Application Error window saying "Unable to launch application."

The base exceptions are:
java.net.SocketException: Network is unreachable

com.sun.deploy.net.FailedDownloadException: Unable to load resource:
http://www.pscode.org/jws/clipserv.jnlp

--
Dissent is patriotic, remember?

On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 06:35:41 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:

> On 04/27/2010 11:11 AM, Camaleón wrote: [snip]
>>
>> How about these sample files? Can you run them?
>>
>> http://pscode.org/jws/api.html
>>
>> I'm afraid the problem resides not in your Icewasel or Java setup but
>> in JNLP file itself. Try running others.
>>

> When I click on any of the "Launch ... Demo" buttons, it asks me to open
> the .jnlp file with /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.20/jre....
>
> When I do so, the Java splash screen pops up, then I get an Application
> Error window saying "Unable to launch application."

You're running Squeeze, right? In Lenny there is no problem :-)

> The base exceptions are:
> java.net.SocketException: Network is unreachable
> at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method) at
> java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:333)
>
> com.sun.deploy.net.FailedDownloadException: Unable to load resource:
> http://www.pscode.org/jws/clipserv.jnlp

So you are facing the same bug the OP has with java. But I thought he
alredy bypassed this... threads ago ;-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

On 04/29/2010 06:42 AM, Camale�n wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 06:35:41 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
>
>> On 04/27/2010 11:11 AM, Camale�n wrote: [snip]
>>>
>>> How about these sample files? Can you run them?
>>>
>>> http://pscode.org/jws/api.html
>>>
>>> I'm afraid the problem resides not in your Icewasel or Java setup but
>>> in JNLP file itself. Try running others.
>>>

>> When I click on any of the "Launch ... Demo" buttons, it asks me to open
>> the .jnlp file with /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.20/jre....
>>
>> When I do so, the Java splash screen pops up, then I get an Application
>> Error window saying "Unable to launch application."
>
> You're running Squeeze, right? In Lenny there is no problem :-)

Sid.

>> The base exceptions are:
>> java.net.SocketException: Network is unreachable
>> at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method) at
>> java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:333)
>>
>> com.sun.deploy.net.FailedDownloadException: Unable to load resource:
>> http://www.pscode.org/jws/clipserv.jnlp
>
> So you are facing the same bug the OP has with java. But I thought he
> alredy bypassed this... threads ago ;-)

I should have read the complete thread.

Zeroing out /proc/sys/net/ipv6/bindv6only helped, but then I bogged
down at the login window.

--
Dissent is patriotic, remember?