From: T o n g on
Hi,

I came across a tool called something like "ext2 empty" but forgot where
it is now. Primarily, it zero out all unused spaces in ext2 fs, so that
the unused spaces won't take up much spaces when compressed.

Any hint?

Thanks

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/

On Mon, 31 May 2010 18:18:47 +0000, T o n g wrote:

> I came across a tool called something like "ext2 empty" but forgot where
> it is now. Primarily, it zero out all unused spaces in ext2 fs, so that
> the unused spaces won't take up much spaces when compressed.

zerofree - zero free blocks from ext2/3 file-systems

Il 31/05/2010 20:20, T o n g ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> I came across a tool called something like "ext2 empty" but forgot where
> it is now. Primarily, it zero out all unused spaces in ext2 fs, so that
> the unused spaces won't take up much spaces when compressed.
>
> Any hint?
>
> Thanks

probably zerofree