From: Patti on
my line keeps bouncing back to zero instead of showing a gap
From: Bernard Liengme on
Where there are zeros (or blanks) insert =NA()
This will display as #N/A and will be ignored by the chart engine
Not pretty on your report? Use conditional formatting to hide the N/a
Formula is =ISNA(A1)... format to make cell font colour match cell
background colour
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

From: AdamV on
As Bernard says, if you can directly manipulate your data, replacing
blanks with #N/A will always deal with this (use GoTo > Special to find
your blank cells)

In many cases though, all you need to do is go to Select Data > click on
the button for "Hidden and empty cells" and choose to show gaps instead
of zeroes.

Hope this helps.
Adam