From: Alexander Samad on
any one had this problem with new laptops.

udev finds the i915 and does a mod insert and bang screens gone....

Alex

Le 23/06/2010 06:42, Alexander Samad a �crit :

> any one had this problem with new laptops.
>
> udev finds the i915 and does a mod insert and bang screens gone....
>
> Alex

FWIW, I had a similar problem on a fresh install of ubuntu 10.04.
Have a look here :
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/X/Bugs/Lucidi8xxFreezes
Workaround A did the trick for me.

HTH
Jean-Marc

Hi

seems like there is/was a bug in i915 module with the newer panels.
That seems to have been fixed. now there is just the suspend and
restore issue to fix.

Alex