From: Carol on
The keyboard works to type in the password but doesn't work when the desktop
appears. I whent thru the hardware trouble shooter. The keys beep when you
press them.
--
Carol
From: Unknown on
Type of keyboard?????

From: Jim on
On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 10:22:01 -0800, Carol
<Carol(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>The keyboard works to type in the password but doesn't work when the desktop
>appears. I whent thru the hardware trouble shooter. The keys beep when you
>press them.

Desktop or laptop ?
From: glee on
"Carol" <Carol(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The keyboard works to type in the password but doesn't work when the
> desktop
> appears. I whent thru the hardware trouble shooter. The keys beep
> when you
> press them.

Click Start> Control Panel> Accessibility Options

Click the Settings button next to StickyKeys
Un-check the Use Shortcut box and Click OK.
Un-check the Use StickyKeys box.

Click the Settings button next to FilterKeys
Un-check the Use Shortcut box and Click OK.
Un-check the Use FilterKeys box.

Click the Settings button next to ToggleKeys
Un-check the Use Shortcut box and Click OK.
Un-check the Use ToggleKeys box.

Click OK.

--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Oct. 2002 - Sept. 2009
A+