From: Sthu Deus on
Good day.

I want to save power/HDD on some computer that is used for Internet downloads yet with slow Internet connection. I know that I can use laptop-mode for that.

My question is, Should I make a long time delay for FS journal writing in case of ext3 in order to let the laptop-mode work - say, I want it to write the saved in RAM data once per hour or two, etc?

Can You share Your opinion on to which options in the laptop-mode config I should pay more attention?

Thanks for Your time.

PS Please, reply to the list.