From: T o n g on
Hi,

I used to be able to use mount.aufs to unify several directories and
provide a merged single directory.

>From mount.aufs man page, I should still be able to do that:

# mount -v -t aufs br:/day0:/base none /u
none on /u type aufs (rw,xino=/day0/.aufs.xino,br:/day0=rw:/
base=ro)
# mount -v -o remount,\
prepend:/day1,\
xino=/day1/xino,\
mod:/day0=ro,\
del:/day0 \
/u
none on /u type aufs (rw,xino=/day1/xino,br:/day1=rw:/base=ro)

But seems to me, now mount.aufs insists to work on mount point only.
I.e., the first mount command will give me error:

/sbin/mount.aufs:plink.c:223: AUFS_CTL_PLINK_MAINT: Inappropriate ioctl
for device

the 2nd:

mount: can't find /u in /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab

Please help.

PS. my aufs-tools

$ apt-cache policy aufs-tools
aufs-tools: