From: Wayne on
On 8/8/2010 10:40 PM, Adam Kellas wrote:
> On Aug 8, 2:11 pm, Adam Kellas <adam.kel...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> I think I should try again and remove power from the extra
>> disk entirely, and will report back.
>
> Same delay without the extra disk, so that's not it.
>
> AK

The most common cause of this is a failure to determine
the hostname. sendmail, apache, and some other services
will attempt to determine their hostname via DNS if not
set internally in their respecive config files, and each
will time out in about 4-5 minutes. So is seems like a
couple of services can't find their hostnames.

Check the log files for the various network services and
see what they say about it. If this is indeed the problem,
it may be the services are starting too soon, or you have
a problem in /etc/nsswitch.conf or /etc/hosts, or in your
DNS zone files.

--
Wayne