From: Jari Fredriksson on
On 2.4.2010 21:36, supervinx wrote:
> Hi !
> There's a way to override postfix behaviour to use as sender name the
> current user ?
> When I send as user1 (e.g.) I end up with user1(a)mydomain.com sender,
> if I send as root or other user), root(a)mydomain.com

Postfix does not create the From: header into the mail, but the mail
client sending the message does. Postfix delivers what is passed thru
it, and adds a "Received: hostname" header, but that's all.

--
http://www.iki.fi/jarif/

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn't come back?
A: A stick.

From: Camaleón on
On Fri, 02 Apr 2010 18:36:49 +0000, supervinx wrote:

> There's a way to override postfix behaviour to use as sender name the
> current user ?
> When I send as user1 (e.g.) I end up with user1(a)mydomain.com sender, if
> I send as root or other user), root(a)mydomain.com

"Address rewriting" should help:

http://www.postfix.org/ADDRESS_REWRITING_README.html

Greetings,

--