From: memo on
realtek high definition audio driver

Mario Schmidt wrote:

Re: KB8881111
23-Jan-07

Dirk Huettemann schrieb:

There is one last thing you may try:

Integrate manually.

Use a fresh I386 source. Then manually create the svcpack folder and
copy KB888111.exe into it.

Then create I386\svcpack.inf with this content:

---snip---
[Version]
BuildNumber=2600
MinorVersion=1
MajorVersion=5
Signature="$WINDOWS NT$"

[SetupData]
CatalogSubDir="\i386\SVCPACK"

[ProductCatalogsToInstall]

[SetupHotfixesToRun]
KB888111.exe /U /O /N /Z
---snap---

You will see a popup installing the update during setup at stage
"registering components". You may change the parameters to be completely
silent.

This WILL WORK because thats how I do it. This method works for all
updates which don' t rely on the GUI running. You may even install some
other programs which have "friendly" silent installers.

On Monday, January 22, 2007 3:11 PM
Mario Schmidt wrote:

Re: KB8881111
Dirk Huettemann schrieb:

Ahhhh I got it! This changed with v2 of this update. Microsoft got it wrong.

All files in svcpack folder HAVE TO be in 8.3 filename. Just change both
KB888111WXSP2 filenames to KB888111 in svcpack folder and also their
reference in svcpack.inf and you should be fine!

Shame on Microsoft!!! I hate them for things like that!

On Tuesday, January 23, 2007 12:59 PM
Dirk Huettemann wrote:

Sorry,it's don't work.Same errorDon't findhdaudio.
Sorry,

it's don't work.Same error
Don't find
hdaudio.inf

I'm change the entrys in i386\svcpack.inf to what you write.
But I think it's a other Problem. By copy file in text mode setup the error
is display
The files are stored in i386\commonfiles\
hdaudio.inf
hdaudio.sys
ond more

Have you more idears ;=)

Thanks and Regards
Dirk

"Mario Schmidt" <mario.schmidt(a)mediavillage.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

On Tuesday, January 23, 2007 1:52 PM
Mario Schmidt wrote:

Re: KB8881111
Dirk Huettemann schrieb:

[...]

On Wednesday, January 24, 2007 6:23 AM
Dirk Huettemann wrote:

Re: KB8881111
Sorry but din't work

One question please: Do you forgot one line under
[ProductCatalogsToInstall] ?
I have any files under i386\CommonFiles, it this correct ?
In svcpack only three files
KB888111.cat
KB888111.exe
hfint.dat

And one more file is create under i386 DOSNET.inf

Thanks regards
Dirk

"Mario Schmidt" <mario.schmidt(a)mediavillage.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

On Wednesday, January 24, 2007 7:40 AM
Mario Schmidt wrote:

Re: KB8881111
Dirk Huettemann schrieb:

Yes. Because you didn' t do what I said.

No. My information is correct.

No.

as I said, use a CLEAN FRESH Source, since using /integrate switch with
an update modifies some files in the I386 source which we don' t want
this time!

Use a fresh source, use my posted svcpack.inf, create I386\svcpack
folder, copy KB888111.exe into it and try again. You may have to delete
I386\svcpack.in_ if that file exists!

This really works for me.

On Friday, January 26, 2007 12:11 PM
DirkHuetteman wrote:

Wow, it's work.But only the copy of the file in Setup GUI Dialog.
Wow, it's work.
But only the copy of the file in Setup GUI Dialog. And I see a little time a
new Window by TXT-GUI Setup.

But then the client is in the Graphical GUI I missed the driver !
When I install it manualy with your switches /u /o /n /z the install is OK
On with time the KB888111.exe is install ?

Have you any more info for me ?

Regards Dirk

"Mario Schmidt" wrote:

On Friday, January 26, 2007 5:01 PM
Mario Schmidt wrote:

Re: KB8881111
Dirk Huettemann schrieb:

I am sorry I do not understand anything of what you wrote.

On Monday, January 29, 2007 4:21 AM
Dirk Huettemann wrote:

OK, try it again. Sorry. My english is not so good.
OK, try it again. Sorry. My english is not so good.

I start the uattened setup and the text mode setup (copy files) ist ending
without errors
- Great I'm fix the copy file error

Then the client goes graphical setup. I see any new windows and think this
are a result of the inbound hotfixes.
At the end of the graphical setup the client goes to the graphical desktop.
But the hotfix is not installed, because I can't install Modem & Audio
driver and see not any new devices.

So, I install the KB888111 manualy at this moment. After this I can install
the Audio & Modem driver.

I hope you better understand this and have any more tips.

Thaks a lot
Regards

"Mario Schmidt" <mario.schmidt(a)mediavillage.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

On Monday, January 29, 2007 12:56 PM
Mario Schmidt wrote:

OK.Then again use a clean source.Integrate KB888111 using /integrate switch.
OK.

Then again use a clean source.

Integrate KB888111 using /integrate switch.

Then rename long i386\svcpack\kb[...].exe & .cat to short 8.3 filename.

Edit i386\svcpack.inf to match the new filenames.

I forgot to mention that txtsetup.sif and dosnet.inf also have to be
modified. Using /integrate switch takes care of that.

BTW: KB888111 will not show up as installed update. At least it does not
here. It still works. I think that' s because it can' t be uninstalled.

On Friday, February 02, 2007 4:34 AM
Dirk Huettemann wrote:

OK thanks,I've go a other way.
OK thanks,

I've go a other way. Copy out the driver files an put it in driver directory
that declarate in setup (ex:C\:Driver). It's work

But I test you way in next week again.

Thanks a lot for the moment.
Regards Dirk

"Mario Schmidt" <mario.schmidt(a)mediavillage.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

Producer/Consumer Queue and BlockingCollection in C# 4.0
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/7d10d73c-321c-446e-8b6d-b81ee8d9b314/producerconsumer-queue-a.aspx