From: arenevier on
Hi,
I'm using a 64bits debian unstable, and using schroot to be able to easily
(eliminating the need to become root) chroot to a 32bits environment.

I want to have /tmp, /dev, /proc, and /dev/pts shared between host system and
chroot. So, I used to have lines such as

/tmp /srv/chroot/ia32/tmp none bind,noauto 0 0

in my host fstab, and an exec.d script to mount /srv/chroot/ia32/tmp
automatically at startup. But now, since a few weeks, I get a warning message,
and my script does not work anymore.

I use the default mount.defaults, I thought it would suit my needs, but
actually, modifying it, or even deleting it seems to have no effect.

Here is my schroot.conf

[ia32]
description=Debian testing 32bits
directory=/srv/chroot/ia32
users=arno
root-groups=root
root-users=arno
run-exec-scripts=true

and here is what happens when I run schroot:

14:14 ~ % LANG=C schroot --verbose -c ia32
W: line 19 [ia32]: Deprecated key 'run-exec-scripts' used
I: This option will be removed in the future; please update your configuration
I: [ia32 chroot] Running login shell: '/bin/zsh'
Cannot find /proc/version - is /proc mounted?
~ %

Do you have any idea how I can have my mount points automatically ?

regards,
arno

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 8:15 AM, <arenevier(a)fdn.fr> wrote:

> Here is my schroot.conf
>
> [ia32]
> description=Debian testing 32bits
> directory=/srv/chroot/ia32
> users=arno
> root-groups=root
> root-users=arno
> run-exec-scripts=true

You've omitted the 'type=' setting which causes the type to default to
'plain'. According to the man page "if run-setup-scripts is set to
‘true’ for ‘plain’ chroots, filesystem mounting is disabled." Your
probably want "type=directory". Also, I think your 'directory'
setting should be 'location', i.e. 'location=/srv/chroot/ia32'. See
man schroot.conf for details.

Andrew Malcolmson <andmalc(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 8:15 AM, <arenevier(a)fdn.fr> wrote:
>>
>> Here is my schroot.conf
>>
>> [ia32]
>> description=Debian testing 32bits
>> directory=/srv/chroot/ia32
>> users=arno
>> root-groups=root
>> root-users=arno
>> run-exec-scripts=true
>>

> You've omitted the 'type=' setting which causes the type to default to
> 'plain'. According to the man page "if run-setup-scripts is set to
> 'true' for 'plain' chroots, filesystem mounting is disabled." Your
> probably want "type=directory".

Thanks a lot, I missed that one :)

> Also, I think your 'directory'
> setting should be 'location', i.e. 'location=/srv/chroot/ia32'. See
> man schroot.conf for details.

actually, location seems to be deprecated, while directory does not print
warnings.

09:26 ~ % LANG=C schroot -c ia32
W: line 15 [ia32]: Deprecated key 'location' used
I: This option will be removed in the future; please update your configuration

regards
arno

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 08:27:48AM +0000, arenevier(a)fdn.fr wrote:
> Andrew Malcolmson <andmalc(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Also, I think your 'directory'
> > setting should be 'location', i.e. 'location=/srv/chroot/ia32'. See
> > man schroot.conf for details.
>
> actually, location seems to be deprecated, while directory does not print
> warnings.
>
> 09:26 ~ % LANG=C schroot -c ia32
> W: line 15 [ia32]: Deprecated key 'location' used
> I: This option will be removed in the future; please update your configuration

'location' was renamed to 'directory' between 1.2.3 and 1.4.0. The
old name will continue to work for backward compatibility for the
1.4.x releases, but will warn you. It will be removed for 1.6.x
(squeeze+1) as things are planned so far.

Regards,
Roger

--
.''`. Roger Leigh