From: steef on

hi list,

how do i get rid of the message of a new (of course much valued)
maintainer Christian about MTA'S and cron when updating squeeze on the
commandline before using startx? apt-get upgrade hangs on this message
and i do not know the protocol to go on in this situation (if there is
any). so i cannot upgrade.

thank you in advance!

steef

On 5/13/2010 1:37 AM, steef wrote:

> hi list,
>
> how do i get rid of the message of a new (of course much valued)
> maintainer Christian about MTA'S and cron when updating squeeze on the
> commandline before using startx? apt-get upgrade hangs on this message
> and i do not know the protocol to go on in this situation (if there is
> any). so i cannot upgrade.
>
> thank you in advance!

Is it a changelog message? If it's a dialog, just dismiss it. If X is
running, use the mouse. If not, the keyboard.

Tell us more. When and where does the message appear?

MAA

Hello !

just enter `q' !

hth,
Jerome

On Thu,13.May.10, 08:37:31, steef wrote:

> hi list,
>
> how do i get rid of the message of a new (of course much valued)
> maintainer Christian about MTA'S and cron when updating squeeze on
> the commandline before using startx? apt-get upgrade hangs on this
> message and i do not know the protocol to go on in this situation
> (if there is any). so i cannot upgrade.

Sorry steef, but I have no idea what you are talking about. Can you
please post the message? Might be a good idea to prepend

LANG=C

to your command to get it in English.

Regards,
Andrei
On 05/13/2010 08:37 AM, steef wrote:

> hi list,
>
> how do i get rid of the message of a new (of course much valued)
> maintainer Christian about MTA'S and cron when updating squeeze on the
> commandline before using startx? apt-get upgrade hangs on this message
> and i do not know the protocol to go on in this situation (if there is
> any). so i cannot upgrade.
>
> thank you in advance!
>
> steef

Hi,