From: Cecily on
Hi, I have a question about using quadgk.

According to help, I must use function handle when using quadgk.

I can have fun which stores 'function name' as a string. I want to use
quadgk on the function where fun stands for. I firstly use str2func to
change fun to function handle. Then I use quadgk. But error still
occurs

Error: File: trueavg.m Line: 41 Column: 16
"funhandle" was previously used as a variable,
conflicting with its use here as the name of a function or command.
See MATLAB Programming, "How MATLAB Recognizes Function Calls That
Use Command
Syntax" for details.

can someone help me? Thanks a lot!
From: Michael Hosea on
I see the error message, but I don't know what you've done in trueavg.m, and
I don't really understand what you're trying to do. Have you tried to run
that file *outside* of quadgk, just passing in a value?

This works:

>> quadgk(str2func('sin'),0,pi)
ans =
2