From: Mark on
Hi,

My family converted old home movies to a dvd disc not too long ago, but
there is no audio, only video. I thought it would be neat to add some music
to the video, and was wondering what package should I use? Based on my
research it seems Kino might work but I wanted to see if anyone on this list
had a recommendation before diving in.

Thank you,
Mark
From: Camaleón on
On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 08:54:50 -0700, Mark wrote:

> My family converted old home movies to a dvd disc not too long ago, but
> there is no audio, only video. I thought it would be neat to add some
> music to the video, and was wondering what package should I use? Based
> on my research it seems Kino might work but I wanted to see if anyone on
> this list had a recommendation before diving in.

Besides Kino, for KDE you also have Kdenlive and for GNOME, PiTiVi or
OpenShot. These programs look quite similar to their Windows Media Player
counterpart (very easy to manage with basic functions).

For more complex projects, Cinelerra or Avidemux are also a good choice.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 2:47 PM, Camaleón <noelamac(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> Besides Kino, for KDE you also have Kdenlive and for GNOME, PiTiVi or
> OpenShot. These programs look quite similar to their Windows Media Player
> counterpart (very easy to manage with basic functions).
>
> For more complex projects, Cinelerra or Avidemux are also a good choice.

Thank you, Camaleón.
From: Camaleón on
On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 17:16:17 -0700, Mark wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 2:47 PM, Camaleón wrote:
>

>> Besides Kino, for KDE you also have Kdenlive and for GNOME, PiTiVi or
>> OpenShot. These programs look quite similar to their Windows Media
>> Player counterpart (very easy to manage with basic functions).

Mmm, that should be read "Windows Movie Maker". I wrote it wrong.

> Thank you, Camaleón.

You're welcome.

Greetings,

--