From: Ogya Chief on

> If you are looking for something similar to 3DS Max, or Maya, or
> Houdini, ie a full featured 3D modelling app, then hav a look at
> 'blender'
>
> http://www.blender.org/
>
> Regards, Tim.

Hi All,

Thank you very much for the suggestions. I will have a look at all of them to determine their suitability for my needs.

Regards,

Ogya

http://windows.microsoft.com/shop
From: green on
Ogya Chief wrote at 2010-01-17 08:47 -0600:
> I am looking for a CAD tool to draw among other things contours. I have
> tried to use the spline feature of QCAD. The issue is that I don't seem to
> find any way of joining two splines together or extending an open spline.
>
> I have also looked at PythonCAD but it does not seem to have any option
> for drawing smooth curves.
>
> What other options are available on the Linux platform?

freecad is available in testing, but is probably not ready for production use.
From: Stefaan Himpe on

> What other options are available on the Linux platform?

If you're not afraid of mathematics, perhaps you can use asymptote to
program your graphics. http://asymptote.sourceforge.net

Hi!

* Ogya Chief <ogyachief(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> I am looking for a CAD tool to draw among other things contours.
[...]
> What other options are available on the Linux platform?
There is a list on http://wiki.debian.org/DebianScience/Engineering

Timo

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Simple-CDD
Next: Unibrain Fire-i camera with Coriander