From: Ogya Chief on

Hi All,

I am looking for a CAD tool to draw among other things contours. I have tried to use the spline feature of QCAD. The issue is that I don't seem to find any way of joining two splines together or extending an open spline.

I have also looked at PythonCAD but it does not seem to have any option for drawing smooth curves.

What other options are available on the Linux platform?

Regards,
Ogya

Windows 7: Simplify what you do everyday. Find the right PC for you.
http://windows.microsoft.com/shop
From: Ogya Chief on

> Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 00:20:34 +0900
> From: osamu(a)debian.org
> To: ogyachief(a)hotmail.com
> CC: debian-user(a)lists.debian.org
> Subject: Re: Any Linux CAD tools?
>
> On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 04:47:53PM +0200, Ogya Chief wrote:
> > I am looking for a CAD tool...
> > What other options are available on the Linux platform?
>
> http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-reference/ch11.en.html#_graphic_data_tools

Thanks. I will have a look at the page.

http://windows.microsoft.com/shop
From: Osamu Aoki on

On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 16:47:53 +0200, Ogya Chief wrote:

> I am looking for a CAD tool to draw among other things contours. I have
> tried to use the spline feature of QCAD. The issue is that I don't seem
> to find any way of joining two splines together or extending an open
> spline.
>
> I have also looked at PythonCAD but it does not seem to have any option
> for drawing smooth curves.
>
> What other options are available on the Linux platform?

Wikipedia has a list of CAD programs:

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
Comparison_of_CAD_editors_for_architecture,_engineering_and_construction_
(AEC)>

Also, FSF has another list:

http://directory.fsf.org/category/cad/

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

> Hi All,
>
> I am looking for a CAD tool to draw among other things contours. I
> have tried to use the spline feature of QCAD. The issue is that I
> don't seem to find any way of joining two splines together or
> extending an open spline.
>
> I have also looked at PythonCAD but it does not seem to have any
> option for drawing smooth curves.
>
> What other options are available on the Linux platform?
>
> Regards,
> Ogya

If you are looking for something similar to 3DS Max, or Maya, or
Houdini, ie a full featured 3D modelling app, then hav a look at
'blender'

http://www.blender.org/

Regards, Tim.

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Simple-CDD
Next: Unibrain Fire-i camera with Coriander