From: Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell on
Hey folks, I'm running Windows 7 Pro, and my laptop has two user accounts,
work and home. Both are administrator accounts and whenever I install any
software if is always installed "for everyone". So far so good, I'm really
impressed with W7.

However, I will sometimes get a BSOD in the *work* profile. It never happens
in the home profile.

Q. How do I go about troubleshooting what could be causing it since it seems
to me that a BSOD is usally caused by something more "general"... but if so,
why does it only happen in the work profile... and randomly (i,e. not when
I'm on;y running a specific program or anything...)

Any ideas? Analysis software that might help me?

Thanks in advance!

Carmen

From: Tom on

"Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell" <seegod1(a)cogeco.ca> wrote in message
> Hey folks, I'm running Windows 7 Pro, and my laptop has two user accounts,
> work and home. Both are administrator accounts and whenever I install any
> software if is always installed "for everyone". So far so good, I'm really
> impressed with W7.
>
> However, I will sometimes get a BSOD in the *work* profile. It never
> happens in the home profile.
>
> Q. How do I go about troubleshooting what could be causing it since it
> seems to me that a BSOD is usally caused by something more "general"...
> but if so, why does it only happen in the work profile... and randomly
> (i,e. not when I'm on;y running a specific program or anything...)
>
> Any ideas? Analysis software that might help me?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Carmen

Have you looked in the Event Viewer to see if that is really the case. It
does seem odd that only one profile would experience this.

From: Carlos on
Carmen,
The blue screen usually gives (cryptic) information about the error and what
possibly caused it.
Note it down and post it back here or google for it.

From: Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell on
Thanks for both pieces of advice, guys. I'll take a look next time.

C.