From: Chuck on
My Dell Inspiron 530 came with Vista installed - a friend removed the Vista
and installed Windows XP.

Computer slow to closed - searched for Vista files and found:

C:\dell\drivers\R158363
C:\dell\drivers\R158510
C:\dell\drivers\R159293\AAPS|PROSE.......
C:\dell\drivers\Ri59293\APPS?SETUP
R158363
R158510

All above preceded by "Vista"

Can I safely remove these items and any other that I may find involving Vista

help and advice will be appreciated

Chuck
From: "dgmacmi >" on
"Chuck" <Chuck(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My Dell Inspiron 530 came with Vista installed - a friend removed the
> Vista
> and installed Windows XP.
>
> Computer slow to closed - searched for Vista files and found:
>
> C:\dell\drivers\R158363
> C:\dell\drivers\R158510
> C:\dell\drivers\R159293\AAPS|PROSE.......
> C:\dell\drivers\Ri59293\APPS?SETUP
> R158363
> R158510
>
> All above preceded by "Vista"
>
> Can I safely remove these items and any other that I may find involving
> Vista
>
> help and advice will be appreciated
>
> Chuck

I may be in error, but as far as I know the correct way to replace Vista
with Windows XP, is to reformat and do a clean install of Windows XP and
Windows XP drivers.

The fact that the files you list exist indicates that your friend do not
reformat before installing Windows XP.
Removing the files listed will have not an effect on your system
performance. C:\Dell\Drivers is the folder Dell uses for install files for
driver updates. Once you install the driver update, system files are
changed. The driver update installation files are stored in this folder for
reference and in case you need to reinstall the update.

Don

From: Bobby Johnson on
The files you found below are the installation files and can be removed
without affecting anything.

From: DarkSpartan on
Might want to leave those alone. If you ever need to go back to Vista for
any reason, you're going to want them. Or if you want to go up to Win7. If
you want the drive space back, make sure you take a copy for later.

Drivers aren't a lot of fun to go hunting for if you don't need to. Better
to have them than not.

-Sarena