From: SanCarlosCyclist on
I noticed that in Windows 7, the tabs of the opened spreadsheets and
word documents at the bottom are not there. While I like the new
Windows transparent feature that is in my unpin, I miss having all of
the open document tabs at the bottom of my screen so that I can switch
fast between documents. Can I get this feature back?
From: Charlie Russel - MVP on
right click taskbar, select properties, select combine when taskbar is full.
(Default is always combine.)

Of course, you don't need to do this to have a similar result. Simply mouse
over the single icon for Excel (or Word, or Whatever) and you'll see a popup
of all the open documents/programs of that type. Move your mouse to the one
you want, and click it.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel