From: christophercbrewster via OfficeKB.com on
I've been using a template for a group of documents but now realize one
subgroup is different and needs its own separate template. Can I copy the
template with a new name and attach it to these documents? What kind of scary
hidden dependencies can I expect?

--
Christopher Brewster
Lockheed Martin, Eagan MN

From: Suzanne S. Barnhill on
There should be no problem with this.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

From: Jay Freedman on
Yes, you can do exactly that. The only "scary hidden dependency" or
anything like that is to make sure the "Automatically update styles"
box in the Templates & Add-Ins dialog is unchecked except when you
specifically want to update the document's styles to use different
definitions from the newly attached template.

For a good discussion of this, see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/attachtemplate/index.html
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/templaterelations/index.html

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 15:43:34 GMT, "christophercbrewster via
OfficeKB.com" <u3143(a)uwe> wrote:

>I've been using a template for a group of documents but now realize one
>subgroup is different and needs its own separate template. Can I copy the
>template with a new name and attach it to these documents? What kind of scary
>hidden dependencies can I expect?

Pages: 1
Prev: FOOTERS
Next: what is hyphenation?