From: Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. on
On Tuesday 01 June 2010 08:56:52 Merciadri Luca wrote:
> And is there some HTC Sync program?

HTC Sync is their proprietary MS Windows application. I don't think there is
an equivalent for Linux, but I've not done any research on what line protocol
it speaks.
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. ,= ,-_-. =.
bss(a)iguanasuicide.net ((_/)o o(\_))
From: Erwan David on
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
> On Tuesday 01 June 2010 08:56:52 Merciadri Luca wrote:
>> And is there some HTC Sync program?
>
> HTC Sync is their proprietary MS Windows application. I don't think there is
> an equivalent for Linux, but I've not done any research on what line protocol
> it speaks.

Yes, the device may be linux based, but if we cannot interact with it
without a propriétary OS, it's just anotehr proprietary device...

--
Erwan

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 10:50 PM, Erwan David <erwan(a)rail.eu.org> wrote:

> Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
> > On Tuesday 01 June 2010 08:56:52 Merciadri Luca wrote:
> >> And is there some HTC Sync program?
> >
> > HTC Sync is their proprietary MS Windows application. I don't think
> there is
> > an equivalent for Linux, but I've not done any research on what line
> protocol
> > it speaks.
>
> Yes, the device may be linux based, but if we cannot interact with it
> without a propriétary OS, it's just anotehr proprietary device...

I read on a Linux forum a while back about "synce" but don't know if it
would work in your case. Here's a link: http://www.synce.org/moin/

Also, curious if this means anything (link): HTC
article<http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/04/29/microsoft_htc_linux_patents/print.html>

Mark
From: Merciadri Luca on