From: Merciadri Luca on
Hi,

When copying and pasting a .ps or a .pdf file, or a serie of such files,
the resulting (i.e. pasted) files' icon is often the `snippets' one,
i.e. the one which designates a broken/corrupted file. However, when
right-clicking on the files, their content appears as the icon, i.e. the
`snippets' icon disappears. Why? Is it normal? I do not like copying and
pasting files and seeing such an icon, because one might think that
these are corrupted files.

Thanks.

--
Merciadri Luca
client, please contact me.

You can fool all of the people some of the time, some of the people all
of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time.
(Abraham Lincoln)

From: Camaleón on
On Sat, 08 May 2010 16:09:14 +0200, Merciadri Luca wrote:

> When copying and pasting a .ps or a .pdf file, or a serie of such files,
> the resulting (i.e. pasted) files' icon is often the `snippets' one,
> i.e. the one which designates a broken/corrupted file. However, when
> right-clicking on the files, their content appears as the icon, i.e. the
> `snippets' icon disappears. Why? Is it normal? I do not like copying and
> pasting files and seeing such an icon, because one might think that
> these are corrupted files.

I've also seen that behaviour from time to time (not always). It maybe an
icon cache problem. Have you tried by refreshing the folder where the
broken icon files are? Press "F5" and check if they return to their
normal status.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón