From: Bikash Poudel on
Hellow,

I want to switch from Windows to Linux, and intending to adopt Debian
distribution. Since I do not have regular and reliable internet,I want
to download all free PDF files of manuals,books,HOW TOs and references
of Debian. Is there a package of all books downloadable?

Thank you
bikash poudel
Nepal

2010/3/25 Bikash Poudel <masterbikash(a)gmail.com>

> Hellow,
>
> I want to switch from Windows to Linux, and intending to adopt Debian
> distribution. Since I do not have regular and reliable internet,I want
> to download all free PDF files of manuals,books,HOW TOs and references
> of Debian. Is there a package of all books downloadable?

browse http://www.debian.org/doc/
lots of them

--
Regards,

Umarzuki Mochlis
http://debmal.my
From: Freeman on

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 09:19:31AM +0545, Bikash Poudel wrote:
> Hellow,
>
> I want to switch from Windows to Linux, and intending to adopt Debian
> distribution. Since I do not have regular and reliable internet,I want
> to download all free PDF files of manuals,books,HOW TOs and references
> of Debian. Is there a package of all books downloadable?
>
> Thank you
> bikash poudel
> Nepal

The is a package category, doc. You can browse it in aptitude curses or
synaptic. It is actually referred to as a section but it is not the same
thing as the section of a repository that is referred to on
packages.debian.org.

--
Kind Regards,
Freeman

http://bugs.debian.org/release-critical/

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 09:19:31AM +0545, Bikash Poudel wrote:
> Hellow,
>
> I want to switch from Windows to Linux, and intending to adopt Debian
> distribution. Since I do not have regular and reliable internet,I want
> to download all free PDF files of manuals,books,HOW TOs and references
> of Debian. Is there a package of all books downloadable?
>
> Thank you
> bikash poudel
> Nepal

BTW, most of this will not be in PDF, but almost all of it, including the
HTML, is install-able to your machine as packages.

Good call too. Debian has some rich reading.

My favorite:

# aptitude install debian-reference

complete with a hyphen and two letter code required for your preferred language.

Bikash Poudel wrote:
> Hellow,
>
> I want to switch from Windows to Linux, and intending to adopt Debian
> distribution. Since I do not have regular and reliable internet,I want
> to download all free PDF files of manuals,books,HOW TOs and references
> of Debian. Is there a package of all books downloadable?
>
> Thank you
> bikash poudel
> Nepal

Like Freeman sad debian-reference and also 1 good package with doc. are
"dwww".

--
Bye,
Goran Dobosevic