From: Rodolfo Medina on
Hi all.

I a shop in my town it is sold at a good price the multifunction Epson Stylus
SX110 printer and I wish to buy it. Does anybody have any direct experience
that it should work fine under Lenny?

Thanks for any response.

Rodolfo

Rodolfo Medina put forth on 3/25/2010 8:53 AM:
> Hi all.
>
> I a shop in my town it is sold at a good price the multifunction Epson Stylus
> SX110 printer and I wish to buy it. Does anybody have any direct experience
> that it should work fine under Lenny?

PDF here says Windows + MAC only, no Linux:

http://www.epson-europe.com/depot/en_GB/downloadables/products/SX110_EN_INT_230309_PP0741_lowres.pdf

--
Stan

On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 10:39:17 -0500, Stan Hoeppner wrote:

> Rodolfo Medina put forth on 3/25/2010 8:53 AM:
>> Hi all.
>>
>> I a shop in my town it is sold at a good price the multifunction Epson
>> Stylus SX110 printer and I wish to buy it. Does anybody have any
>> direct experience that it should work fine under Lenny?
>
> PDF here says Windows + MAC only, no Linux:
>
> http://www.epson-europe.com/depot/en_GB/downloadables/products/
SX110_EN_INT_230309_PP0741_lowres.pdf

Manufacturers always hide their Linux support ;-)

It should (I say "should" because I have not personally tested) work with
Avasys drivers:

http://www.avasys.jp/lx-bin2/linux_e/spc/DL1.do

There are two PDF flyers about each printer support status for the most
common Linux distributions.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

On Thursday 25 March 2010 14:53:26 Rodolfo Medina wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I a shop in my town it is sold at a good price the multifunction Epson
> Stylus SX110 printer and I wish to buy it. Does anybody have any direct
> experience that it should work fine under Lenny?
>
> Thanks for any response.
>
> Rodolfo

Are you sure of the denomination of the printer? It does not show anything
like it there:
http://www.openprinting.org/printers
Thierry

Thierry Chatelet <tchatelet(a)free.fr> writes:

> Are you sure of the denomination of the printer? It does not show anything
> like it there:
> http://www.openprinting.org/printers

Today I went back to that shop and found many other printers - about ten - none
of whose is listed there. So, that list seems to be quite old. On the other
hand, I seriously need a new printer but would like to be sure it'll work under
Debian. What do you Debian users suggest?

Thanks all
Rodolfo

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2