From: John W Foster on
-----Original Message-----
From: surreal <firewalrus(a)gmail.com>
To: debian-user(a)lists.debian.org
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 10:40:04 +0530

Its a couple of times I have noticed that I am not getting reply in my
inbox..

I had raised some queries and people had replied to it, but I didnt get
any of it in my inbox, had to manually go and see it..

Is there some problem with mailing list software or is it under heavy
stress due to traffic??

I hope this issue will be resolved soon.

Regards.

--
Harshad Joshi
Just a guess but since I see your mail provider is Gmail I suggest you

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 08:42:59PM -0600, John W Foster wrote:
> [...]

He told me he did his part subscribing ...

It may be lost to spam box but f it is not these...
> Just a guess but since I see your mail provider is Gmail I suggest you
> check your filters in your gmail account. I had this issue as Gmail
> recognizes replies with your mail address in the header as duplicates &
> tosses them out. I could never get it corrected & eventually changed to
> using the mail server that Verizon provides with the ISP account for
> lists & such. I still use gmail for a lot of mail, just not for anything
> where I want to see my original posting.
> --
> John Foster

Yes, this may be the issue.

That is why I only use gmail as receiving side (I vaguely remember).
SMTP server is the one provided by my connection ISP.

Osamu

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 09:30:52PM +0900, Osamu Aoki uttered:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 08:42:59PM -0600, John W Foster wrote:

I doubt it. GMail recognizes e-mail from the owner of the account as
duplicate,(and doesn't show them, but they're in the 'Mail' directory)
not replies to the original.

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 07:51:26AM -0500, S.D.A. wrote:
> I doubt it. GMail recognizes e-mail from the owner of the account as
> duplicate,(and doesn't show them, but they're in the 'Mail' directory)
> not replies to the original.

I do not recall exactly but your pop3 forwarding will not forward mail
from yourself. ... or something similar...

Osamu

On Thursday 11 March 2010 13:04:03 Osamu Aoki wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 07:51:26AM -0500, S.D.A. wrote:
> > I doubt it. GMail recognizes e-mail from the owner of the account as
> > duplicate,(and doesn't show them, but they're in the 'Mail' directory)
> > not replies to the original.
>
> I do not recall exactly but your pop3 forwarding will not forward mail
> from yourself. ... or something similar...

I use Gmail for POP3 and my ISP for SMTP. I get all my posts to this (and
other lists) sent to me via POP3 along with those of the rest of you.

Lisi