From: SanCarlosCyclist on
When I used Windows XP, I had an icon on my launch toolbar that
brought me directly to the desk top. Is there something that does the
same in Windows 7? It saves me time from having to minimize all open
applications in order to get to the desk top. I appreciate your help
From: Tom on

"SanCarlosCyclist" <sancarloscyclist(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> When I used Windows XP, I had an icon on my launch toolbar that
> brought me directly to the desk top. Is there something that does the
> same in Windows 7? It saves me time from having to minimize all open
> applications in order to get to the desk top. I appreciate your help

It's still there, but not in the typical (or default) place. Look on the
right side of your toolbar just right of the clock, you'll see a blue square
icon that is the Show Desktop.

From: Carlos on
Additionally, pressing Windows Key + Space bar produces the same effect.
Carlos

From: Tom on
Actually, that's pressing Windows key + "D" :-).

From: R. C. White on
Hi, Tom - and Cyclist.

Even better: Just hover your mouse over that square and your desktop will
appear - but only until you move the mouse away - unless you click it on the
square. ;<) I do this often to check my weather gadgets and then return to
newsgroups.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA