From: Wayne Topa on
just upgraded icedove on 686 & AND64 Squeeze.

It runs on 686 but segfaults on AND64, my main system.

Wayne

On 21/04/10 18:37, Wayne Topa wrote:
> just upgraded icedove on 686 & AND64 Squeeze.
>
> It runs on 686 but segfaults on AND64, my main system.
>
> Wayne

We've had it in Sid since at least 12/04. I'm using mail and news, LDAP
addresses, I think I'm exercising most of it. No trouble here.

GA-MA74GM-S2H board, Athlon 7750.

--
Joe

Le 21/04/2010 19:37, Wayne Topa wrote:
> just upgraded icedove on 686 & AND64 Squeeze.
>
> It runs on 686 but segfaults on AND64, my main system.
>
> Wayne

Hi, running it on two different AMD64 Squeeze systems, works fine. I use
iceowl 1.0b1 (lightning) calendar extension, Adblock Plus 1.1.3,
contacts sidebar 0.8pre, Image zoom 0.4.4, quote colors 0.3 and a few
others. One system is even running the "personas" stuff. I also use
mailbox compacting, Imap and pop.

Joe wrote:
> On 21/04/10 18:37, Wayne Topa wrote:
>> just upgraded icedove on 686 & AND64 Squeeze.
>>
>> It runs on 686 but segfaults on AND64, my main system.
>>
>> Wayne
>>

> We've had it in Sid since at least 12/04. I'm using mail and news, LDAP
> addresses, I think I'm exercising most of it. No trouble here.
>
> GA-MA74GM-S2H board, Athlon 7750.

Well I have tried it multiple times and it keeps coming up with

[VT/dev/pts/0 wtopa(a)dj-SQUEEZE]
~$ /usr/lib/icedove/run-mozilla.sh: line 131: 8812 Segmentation fault
"$prog" ${1+"$@"}

When looking at that line # it does not jive with the error shown though.

Maybe something missing in Squeeze that was not included in
the depends?

Good thing I still had the old version in the archives. :-)

Wayne

Wayne Topa wrote:
> just upgraded icedove on 686 & AND64 Squeeze.
>
> It runs on 686 but segfaults on AND64, my main system.

Don't upgrade yet if you're using Engimail!

'Hold' is your friend unless this one is fixed.