From: ABSDoug on
I've been using Ubuntu for a couple years now. I want to try Debian. I'm real weak on the terminal. When I was doing the GUI install, I could not get a wireless connection(router is physically located in a part of the house I DON'T rent). So now I boot up & get the terminal. Trying to install Gnome got me no where. What do I do next? TIA!

On Lu, 07 iun 10, 11:02:46, ABSDoug wrote:
> I've been using Ubuntu for a couple years now. I want to try Debian.
> I'm real weak on the terminal. When I was doing the GUI install, I
> could not get a wireless connection(router is physically located in a
> part of the house I DON'T rent). So now I boot up & get the terminal.
> Trying to install Gnome got me no where. What do I do next? TIA!

Read the replies you got to your previous mail ;)

Regards,
Andrei
P.S. Sorry for the CC, I assumed you are not subscribed.
--- On Mon, 6/7/10, Andrei Popescu <andreimpopescu(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> Read the replies you got to your previous mail ;)
>
> Regards,
> Andrei
> P.S. Sorry for the CC, I assumed you are not subscribed.

Damn, I didn't see ANY responds to my post. But I'm seeing this one. Now what?

On Mon, Jun 07, 2010 at 01:37:22PM -0700, ABSDoug wrote:
> --- On Mon, 6/7/10, Andrei Popescu <andreimpopescu(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Read the replies you got to your previous mail ;)
> >
> > Regards,
> > Andrei
> > P.S. Sorry for the CC, I assumed you are not subscribed.
>

> Damn, I didn't see ANY responds to my post. But I'm seeing this one. Now what?

To SUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST(a)lists.debian.org
with a subject of "subscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster(a)lists.debian.org
Archive: http://lists.debian.org/963929.93277.qm(a)web52008.mail.re2.yahoo.com

-- Napoleon Bonaparte

On Mon, 7 Jun 2010 13:37:22 -0700 (PDT)
ABSDoug <absdoug(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- On Mon, 6/7/10, Andrei Popescu <andreimpopescu(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Read the replies you got to your previous mail ;)
> >
> > Regards,
> > Andrei
> > P.S. Sorry for the CC, I assumed you are not subscribed.
>

> Damn, I didn't see ANY responds to my post. But I'm seeing this one. Now what?

Do what you did on the Ubuntu group.... ask endless questions and don't follow up on any advice.

Got to the stage where a number of guys accused you of being a "troll".

Last I saw you were going to abandon Ubuntu (or Linux can't remember which), you are supposed to have quite a bit of experience of sorting out M$ Windows. You were going to file a bug report. Should I file a bug report. Will it help anyone if I file one? How do I file a bug report.... etc,etc,etc.....