From: Mathieu Malaterre on
Hi there,

Since firegpg support has been discontinued (*), I'd like to know
what are gmail users favorite gpg tool ?

Thanks,
--
Mathieu

(*) http://blog.getfiregpg.org/2010/06/07/firegpg-discontinued/

On Lu, 07 iun 10, 20:05:54, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Since firegpg support has been discontinued (*), I'd like to know
> what are gmail users favorite gpg tool ?

The favorite IMAP client ;)

Regards,
Andrei
Op 08-06-10 05:42, Steve Fishpaste schreef:
> On Mon, Jun 07, 2010 at 02:10:54PM -0400, H.S. uttered:
> When I used TBird there was a GPG extension. Why not use that? Search
> the extension repository.
`aptitude install enigmail`

Sjoerd

From: H.S. on
On 08/06/10 10:39 PM, Steve Fishpaste wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 08, 2010 at 12:08:11AM -0400, H.S. uttered:
>>
>> Yes, I agree. In fact, if a mail client like TB or mutt can be used,
^^^^

>> there is nothing to beat that. However, FireGPG was excellent for people
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

>> who use popular web mail services. They had nothing special to do other
>> than to set up their GPG stuff and install the addon and they were good
>> to go without having to change the way they read/composed emails.
>
> What makes you think Engimail is any more difficult?

What makes you think that I do?

ever having been read.

On Tue, Jun 08, 2010 at 11:41:39PM -0400, H.S. uttered:
> On 08/06/10 10:39 PM, Steve Fishpaste wrote:
> > On Tue, Jun 08, 2010 at 12:08:11AM -0400, H.S. uttered:
> >>
> >> Yes, I agree. In fact, if a mail client like TB or mutt can be used,
> ^^^^
>
> >> there is nothing to beat that. However, FireGPG was excellent for people
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>

> >> who use popular web mail services. They had nothing special to do other
> >> than to set up their GPG stuff and install the addon and they were good
> >> to go without having to change the way they read/composed emails.
> >
> > What makes you think Engimail is any more difficult?
>
> What makes you think that I do?

Have you tried it?

GPG with mutt or thunderbird isn't very difficult to set up. Engimal
is useful for those that are more comfortable with an easy to use
point 'n click interface and works just fine with TBird.

So what's the problem? <shrug>