From: Huang, Tao on
On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 11:34 AM, John A. Sullivan III
<jsullivan(a)opensourcedevel.com> wrote:
> Well . . . I suppose this is not hijacking as it is about stability and
> usability.  I eagerly ran my apt-get update and apt-get upgrade,
> rebooted and, voila, X refused to start.  I finally installed the
> proprietary nvidia driver AND removed nouveau and I got my X back.
>
> I was delighted to see that I could now define printers in KDE without
> using the CUPS web interface.  However, I still do not see a way to
> change passwords as an ordinary user.  How does an ordinary user who
> does not use the command line (and thus passwd) and does not have the
> root password change their password in KDE 4.4? Thanks - John

System Settings -> Personal -> About Me -> Change Password

Tao
--
http://huangtao.me/
http://www.google.com/profiles/UniIsland

On 2010-06-24 08:29 +0200, Alan Chandler wrote:

> Yesterday, a fix for a problem where you could not make ext2, ext3 or
> ext4 filesystems made it into testing. This has been around for a few
> weeks, and although there is a workaround using the updated version
> from SID, all the installation CDs from the weekly builds have not yet
> caught up.

This can be worked around by using a daily snapshot of the installer:
http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/daily-builds/daily/arch-latest/

Worked fine for me in qemu three days ago.

Sven

On 24/06/2010 00:26, Amar Cosic wrote:
> Hello list
>
> I was thinking about upgrade to squeeze and just want to check if
> everything is OK there? No 'critical' bugs etc.. ? I know a lot of you
> use squeeze so its probably best place to ask

Hiya

I think its very stable, and sure enjoying it.

Give it a whirl, I dont think you will be disappointed.

Regards
Brent Clark

P.s. Good to see more people using and enquiring about Squeeze.

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 10:34 AM, Brent Clark <brentgclarklist(a)gmail.com>wrote:

> On 24/06/2010 00:26, Amar Cosic wrote:
>
>> Hello list
>>
>> I was thinking about upgrade to squeeze and just want to check if
>> everything is OK there? No 'critical' bugs etc.. ? I know a lot of you
>> use squeeze so its probably best place to ask
>>

> Hiya
>
> I think its very stable, and sure enjoying it.
>
> Give it a whirl, I dont think you will be disappointed.
>
> Regards
> Brent Clark
>
> P.s. Good to see more people using and enquiring about Squeeze.

Thank you all for info. Will upgrade tonight.. Just to be sure.. right way
to do this is just to replace 'lenny' with 'squeeze' in sources.list &&
apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade ? Or there is something else I have
to pay attention on ?

Regards

--
Amar Ćosić
amar.cosic(a)gmail.com
From: Brent Clark on
On 24/06/2010 15:44, Amar Cosic wrote:
> Thank you all for info. Will upgrade tonight.. Just to be sure.. right
> way to do this is just to replace 'lenny' with 'squeeze' in sources.list
> && apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade ? Or there is something else
> I have to pay attention on ?

Thats what I did. But you may wish to rather use 'aptitude safe-upgrade'.

Best of luck.

Regards
Brent Clark