From: Sthu Deus on
Good day.

I have oowriter from testing repo installed w/ all the necessary dependencies. Now at opening of the first document it hangs for about 40 seconds - all other documents it opens quickly - the same is for oocalc.

Is there anything I can do to remove this delays?

Thanks for Your time.

PS Please, reply to the list.

On 2010-04-13 23:24, Sthu Deus wrote:
> Good day.
>

> I have oowriter from testing repo installed w/ all the necessary

What version is that? v3.2 from Sid opens much faster than any
other version I've seen.

> dependencies. Now at opening of the first document it hangs for

"Hang" has a specific meaning.

Do you mean "seemingly does nothing"?

> about 40 seconds - all other documents it opens quickly - the same
> is for oocalc.
>
> Is there anything I can do to remove this delays?

Upgrade to v3.2; add more RAM; buy a faster CPU; learn C++ and join
the OOo development team.

There use to be a "preloader", but I don't see it anymore.

--
Dissent is patriotic, remember?