From: duhmel on
I have just installed the 64 bit version of Windows 7. It has a 32 bit and 64 bit version of IE8. When I use the 64 bit version some things do not work such as Roboform. What is the advantage of using the 64 bit version?
From: Stefan Pendl on
On Tue, 29 Sep 2009 23:04:14 -0700, "duhmel" <mqq6(a)cox.net> wrote:

>I have just installed the 64 bit version of Windows 7. It has a 32 bit and 64 bit version of IE8. When I use the 64 bit version some things do not work such as Roboform. What is the advantage of using the 64 bit version?

The advantage of having a 32-bit and 64-bit browser is, that 64-bit applications can embed the browser too, not only 32-bit
applications.

Currently there is no need to access more than 4GB of memory for browsers.

---
Stefan Pendl

Windows Vista SP2
AMD Turion X2 RM-70 2 GHz
4 GB RAM
From: Carlos on
Hi,
You will not be bothered by all those Flash animations that fill up your
screen and your bandwidth.
Flash is, still, not available in 64-bit.
:)
Carlos

From: Jane C on
Carlos wrote:
> Hi,
> You will not be bothered by all those Flash animations that fill up your
> screen and your bandwidth.
> Flash is, still, not available in 64-bit.
> :)
> Carlos

And that is a very Good Thing ;)

--
Jane, not plain ;) 64 bit enabled :-)
MVP - Windows Desktop Experience 2007-2009