From: Ron Johnson on
On 04/25/2010 10:17 AM, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 04/25/2010 09:56 AM, Dotan Cohen wrote:
[snip]

>> You might want to try Help -> Migration Assistant -> Use Original Toolbar
>> That might be more familiar to you.
>>

> I'd already done that, but decided to take another look at MA, and thus
> disabled "Smart folders mode".

BTW, thanks for reminding me of that...

--
Dissent is patriotic, remember?

> Why else would "they" have made the radical UI changes unless "they" thought
> the traditional UI was broken (i.e. substantialy flawed)?

Maybe not broken, but could be improved.

> Jeez, everyone know that *my* opinion is the only one that counts!

:)

> Not in v3.6, but it's coming.
>
> https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Projects/3.7_and_4.0_Theme_and_UI_Revamp/Direction_and_Feedback

Nice! They must be pandering to us kids :)

Still, you have not mentioned a single specific problem. They me what
they are so that I can help. Don't be vague.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://bido.com
http://what-is-what.com

Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 04/25/2010 10:17 AM, Ron Johnson wrote:
>> On 04/25/2010 09:56 AM, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> [snip]
>>>
>>> You might want to try Help -> Migration Assistant -> Use Original
>>> Toolbar
>>> That might be more familiar to you.
>>>

>> I'd already done that, but decided to take another look at MA, and thus
>> disabled "Smart folders mode".
>>

> BTW, thanks for reminding me of that...

Must be the reason I am still on version 2.0.0.19 (20081209)

Hugo

The above is what I've used in the past, but I just saw there's one in the
regular add-ons place as well: