From: Dean Montgomery on
I can't seem to get global spellcheck working for Iceweasel. I don't want to have all users download dictionaries to their HOME folder but rather a centraly installed dictionary for all users.

In the past Iceweasel would detect and use myspell dictionaries.

* Base System: Lenny
* iceweasel: 3.5.6-1~bpo50+1
* myspell-en-us: 1:2.4.0-3

--
Dean Montgomery
Network Support Tech./Programmer

On Mon, 08 Mar 2010 14:44:57 -0800, Dean Montgomery wrote:

> I can't seem to get global spellcheck working for Iceweasel. I don't
> want to have all users download dictionaries to their HOME folder but
> rather a centraly installed dictionary for all users.
>
> In the past Iceweasel would detect and use myspell dictionaries.

I've got installed 2 myspell packages: "myspell-en-us" and "myspell-es"
and both spellckeckers are available under my usual user and root user.

> * Base System: Lenny
> * iceweasel: 3.5.6-1~bpo50+1
> * myspell-en-us: 1:2.4.0-3

Was it working before you upgraded iceweasel from backports?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

>> * Base System: Lenny
>> * iceweasel: 3.5.6-1~bpo50+1
>> * myspell-en-us: 1:2.4.0-3
>
>Was it working before you upgraded iceweasel from backports?

Yes spellcheck was working before upgrading to iceweasel backport.

> * Base System: Lenny
> * iceweasel: 3.5.6-1~bpo50+1
> * myspell-en-us: 1:2.4.0-3

I found/fixed the problem:
cd /usr/lib/iceweasel
sudo ln -s ../../share/myspell/dicts dictionaries

Restart Firefox. I'm not sure if I should report this as a bug or not.

On Tue, 09 Mar 2010 13:18:13 -0800, Dean Montgomery wrote:

>> * Base System: Lenny
>> * iceweasel: 3.5.6-1~bpo50+1
>> * myspell-en-us: 1:2.4.0-3
>
> I found/fixed the problem:
> cd /usr/lib/iceweasel
> sudo ln -s ../../share/myspell/dicts dictionaries
>
> Restart Firefox. I'm not sure if I should report this as a bug or not.

JFYI, I can confirm that little bug with backport packages.

When updating one of my Lenny's Iceweasel (virtualized with vbox) it just
stops checkspelling on text boxes fields.

This also happens when using vanilla version of Firefox.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón