From: Jens Müller on
Hi,

I've got a .reg file to be imported silently in a batch. The file contains
only entries in HKEY_CURRENT_USER, therefore can be imported without
elevation.
This works well with the regedit /s switch on limited accounts, however on
admin accounts, elevation UAC prompt is still shown, even though it's not
needed.

How can I prevent this?

Thanks,
Jens

From: Steve Foster on
Jens M�ller wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I've got a .reg file to be imported silently in a batch. The file contains
>only entries in HKEY_CURRENT_USER, therefore can be imported without
>elevation.
>This works well with the regedit /s switch on limited accounts, however on
>admin accounts, elevation UAC prompt is still shown, even though it's not
>needed.
>
>How can I prevent this?

Use REG.exe to add the specific key/values that you want. I believe that
it's smart enough to only generate a UAC prompt if you try to add to
restricted parts of the registry.

--
Steve Foster