From: abc on
Hi,

I have an Acer Laptop.
I have checked my the "system info", it says it is x86.
But i have also checked the acer website for updates under the model number
and there are 64 bit drivers available for windows 7.

So is my lap able to use windows 7 64bit???

Thanks

From: Charlie Russel - MVP on
There is absolutely no way we can tell from what you've posted. What model
number? What processor? And, ultimately, what do you hope to accomplish? Do
you have >4GB of RAM? Do you actually need to run any 64-bit applications?

Frequently manufacturers have more than one version of a laptop model, and
some versions might be 64-bit capable, while others are not.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel