From: deloptes on
Andrei Popescu wrote:

> I'd rather think it's an Xorg issue (specifically the package xkb-data,
> which contains all keyboard maps).
>
> Regards,
> Andrei

I'm not quite sure about it. I'll check. AFAIK it's kde mapping (at least it
was in kde3).

cheers

On Thursday 06 May 2010, Dotan Cohen wrote:

> The "KDE 4 sux" time has passed. If you still have problems with KDE
> 4, then please let me know what they are so that they can be fixed.
>
> Thanks!

I agree with this statement and to this end I built a sid sandbox to give
KDE4 a whirl. I've just started but the changes to the whole desktop
paradigm have me confused. Are desktops vs. activities vs. dashboards
explained anywhere. I'd like to assume they are more than candy. Are
there documents that demonstrate their practical application? Google
hasn't been my BF on this one.

So far, so confused,
Steve

On 16 May 2010 19:43, Steve <newsdebian(a)jetcity.org> wrote:
> On Thursday 06 May 2010, Dotan Cohen wrote:
>>
>> The "KDE 4 sux" time has passed. If you still have problems with KDE
>> 4, then please let me know what they are so that they can be fixed.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>

> I agree with this statement and to this end I built a sid sandbox to give
> KDE4 a whirl.  I've just started but the changes to the whole desktop
> paradigm have me confused.  Are desktops vs. activities vs. dashboards
> explained anywhere.  I'd like to assume they are more than candy.  Are
> there documents that demonstrate their practical application?  Google
> hasn't been my BF on this one.

I would not recommend playing with Activities until KDE 4.5 or even
4.6. Until then Activities are a mess. However, for the general idea
of what they are, you might want to read this:
http://userbase.kde.org/Plasma#Activities_and_the_Zooming_User_Interface_.28ZUI.29

Good luck!

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com

On Monday 17 May 2010, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> I would not recommend playing with Activities until KDE 4.5 or even
> 4.6. Until then Activities are a mess. However, for the general idea
> of what they are, you might want to read this:
> http://userbase.kde.org/Plasma#Activities_and_the_Zooming_User_Interfac
>e_.28ZUI.29
>
> Good luck!

Took a while, I lost track of this thread. Thanks that URL was helpful
and I'll just wait on Activities for a while.

steve