From: Stephen Powell on
On 2010-01-24 at 16:52:51 -0500, John Williams wrote:
> Stephen, thanks for your prompt reply. There was no problem installing
> the base OS from the net install .iso When the installer found I had no
> internet access it allowed me to continue to install the basic bit. It
> works well, even has an apt sources.list but with all the items #ed out
> and no apt software. I'll do what you suggested, thanks. John.

You're welcome. Since by your own confession you are new to the list,
I will tell you that the custom here is to always reply to the list,
not to the individual from whom you hope to receive (or did receive)
help. Two other unwritten rules are (1) to quote enough of the
message to which you are replying to give your reply a context and
(2) use the usenet style of quoting instead of "top-posting", as is
common in corporate e-mails. See the mailing list policy for more
information: http://www.debian.org/MailingLists/.